Pratts strives to ensure fair and honest treatment of all employees. Supervisors, managers, and employees are expected to treat each other with mutual respect. Employees are encouraged to offer positive and constructive criticism.
If employees disagree with established rules of conduct, policies, or practices, they can express their concern through the problem resolution procedure. No employee will be penalized, formally or informally, for voicing a complaint with Pratts in a reasonable, business-like manner, or for using the problem resolution procedure.
If a situation occurs when employees believe that a condition of employment or a decision affecting them is unjust or inequitable, they are encouraged to make use of the following steps. The employee may discontinue the procedure at any step.
1. Employee presents problem to immediate supervisor after incident occurs. If supervisor is unavailable or employee believes it would be inappropriate to contact that person, employee may present problem to owner or any other member of management.
2. Supervisor responds to problem during discussion or after consulting with appropriate management, when necessary. Supervisor documents discussion.
3. Employee presents problem to owner if problem is unresolved.
4. owner counsels and advises employee, assists in putting problem in writing, visits with employee's manager(s), if necessary, and directs employee to owner for review of problem.
5. Employee presents problem to owner in writing.
6. owner reviews and considers problem. owner informs employee of decision and forwards copy of written response to owner for employee's file. The owner has full authority to make any adjustment deemed appropriate to resolve the problem.
Not every problem can be resolved to everyone's total satisfaction, but only through understanding and discussion of mutual problems can employees and management develop confidence in each other. This confidence is important to the operation of an efficient and harmonious work environment, and helps to ensure everyone's job security.